Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
fiveoffour

Registered:
Posts: 86
Reply with quote  #26 
I was just off of rt 50, a few miles from the church.  I think that full moon got the best of us.  We had water just behind us, and every bird we saw was going straight for that water to do some loafing.  I think they were eating all night.  If you were on water, it seemed you had a good hunt.
Great day regardless.
KungfuChic

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 188
Reply with quote  #27 
Our guide did some magic for us. They were flying high but we managed to shoot 7 birds anyway - with only 5 people shooting.  

And the icing on the day....my son was one of the boys to win a youth shot gun. Amazing group of people. 

Jonnies New Gun_Jan18-2014.jpg Jonnie on stage_Jan18-2014.jpg  
 


__________________
"Even if you're Bruce Lee, you aint the same Bruce Lee wearing waders."

marshghost

Registered:
Posts: 1,849
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungfuChic
Our guide did some magic for us. They were flying high but we managed to shoot 7 birds anyway - with only 5 people shooting.  

And the icing on the day....my son was one of the boys to win a youth shot gun. Amazing group of people. 

Jonnies New Gun_Jan18-2014.jpg Jonnie on stage_Jan18-2014.jpg  
 



my side is still hurting, the look that little guy is giving to the bigger guy is priceless !  great pictures man ! 



                     jay

__________________
culling bucks is done by people wanting to play god. all the megga bucks ever killed were at some point , A DINK ! crop damage permits are nothing more then legalized poaching permits, imo ! stop killing all the doe people, they are what give us buck`s !!!
fiveoffour

Registered:
Posts: 86
Reply with quote  #29 

I was sitting next to one of the kids who won a call.  He refused to go up for the "competition".  Should have seen his face when they all got shotguns.  

Chris0nllyn

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 108
Reply with quote  #30 
4 year bump....

This is coming up in a few weeks and will be my first year going. Anyone else?
KungfuChic

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 188
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoffour

I was sitting next to one of the kids who won a call.  He refused to go up for the "competition".  Should have seen his face when they all got shotguns.  



Hahaha! So was I! My oldest son refused to go up. His little brother was the smallest guy up there...and he won a shotgun. Should have seen big brother's face!!!!

__________________
"Even if you're Bruce Lee, you aint the same Bruce Lee wearing waders."

KungfuChic

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 188
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshghost



my side is still hurting, the look that little guy is giving to the bigger guy is priceless !  great pictures man ! 



                     jay



ROTFLMA!!! That little guy is my son. He does "looks". Hahahaha!

__________________
"Even if you're Bruce Lee, you aint the same Bruce Lee wearing waders."

bmc1970

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 80
Reply with quote  #33 
how can we be a part of this hunt?where can I get info?Thanks
Chris0nllyn

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 108
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc1970
how can we be a part of this hunt?where can I get info?Thanks


They had it up on their website, but it's not there anymore. They cap the number of hunters at 600 so maybe they hit their number and took it down.

Essentially, you pay $75 and fill out a waiver form. Send that it and you are emailed a number.

Show up at the church in the morning for sign in and a light breakfast. A guide will take you and a group to a blind for a goose hunt. After the hunt, back to the church for lunch.

For $75, you can't beat it.

I've never been, but read about it for years and heard if from friends who have gone.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.