Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
DaveHawk

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 9,080
Reply with quote  #26 
Really, bowling ! That's going to be sore for a while. Take care of yourself hope you can get a gun hunt in.
__________________
I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
::: Andrew Wyeth :::
ColonialRestorationStudio.com
eshoremd

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 5,982
Reply with quote  #27 
How did you make out?
__________________
"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, ‘the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, & the fruits acquired by it." Thomas Jefferson
Downwind

Registered:
Posts: 4,101
Reply with quote  #28 
Dave, yup bowling w a 13lb ball.... Which is average. I started off sucking , then had a spare and 2 strikes and then it popped......ESMD, surgery went well albeit an hour late...I may have pushed it a bit today while grilling a batch of sausage and peppers....but back on ice/elevation. 2 weeks with a fixed 90* brace, which actually is perfect for the cutting board. All in all its ok, just gonna be a long rehab and I'll need to be patenient...
__________________
The problem with common sense is that it's not that common
eshoremd

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 5,982
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind
Dave, yup bowling w a 13lb ball.... Which is average. I started off sucking , then had a spare and 2 strikes and then it popped......ESMD, surgery went well albeit an hour late...I may have pushed it a bit today while grilling a batch of sausage and peppers....but back on ice/elevation. 2 weeks with a fixed 90* brace, which actually is perfect for the cutting board. All in all its ok, just gonna be a long rehab and I'll need to be patenient...


Sounds good. Take it easy, no more over doing it.

__________________
"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, ‘the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, & the fruits acquired by it." Thomas Jefferson
Downwind

Registered:
Posts: 4,101
Reply with quote  #30 
well guys surgery went well and I am well ahead of schedule. I have full ROM and have been cleared to lift anything under 20lbs...no like i can work out with 20lbs, doc meant i can pick up lighter objects randomly. Bow is not in the near future, but gun is! I am REALLY starting to get that itch.....it may be crossbow time very soon.
__________________
The problem with common sense is that it's not that common
littleantler

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 3,206
Reply with quote  #31 
Glad surgery went well, as far as recovery, hunting is a good motivator .
Scamp

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 3,368
Reply with quote  #32 
Get well soon. Good luck.
__________________
Silently he sneaks along, the deer don't even know. Ornaments; he carries none, but the notches on his bow. 




eshoremd

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 5,982
Reply with quote  #33 
Dude don't listen to the Dr. Get yourself a nice set of 50lb dumbbells and go at it!!!!

Just kiddin! Glad everything went well and youre on the road to recovery. 

__________________
"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, ‘the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, & the fruits acquired by it." Thomas Jefferson
Downwind

Registered:
Posts: 4,101
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshoremd
Dude don't listen to the Dr. Get yourself a nice set of 50lb dumbbells and go at it!!!!

Just kiddin! Glad everything went well and youre on the road to recovery. 


Been 10 + years since I curled a 50lb dumbbell....I sent you a PM about your Xbow offer, just FYI in case you missed it

__________________
The problem with common sense is that it's not that common
Downwind

Registered:
Posts: 4,101
Reply with quote  #35 
Update....drew my bow last week for the first time since my surgery. I was nervous to say the least. Shot it twice at 30yds, and went hunting!!! I was so pumped, till I got to a small patch I've had access to for 25yrs....that's when the landowner approached me and said they were not allowing hunting this year! Not happy, but it is what it is. Anyway, happy to be able to bow hunt again. Based on what I was told/read I was very surprised I healed up this quickly. Thanks again for all the generous offers and well wishes!

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpg (430.82 KB, 1 views)


__________________
The problem with common sense is that it's not that common

Brownie

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 2,541
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind
Update....drew my bow last week for the first time since my surgery. I was nervous to say the least. Shot it twice at 30yds, and went hunting!!! I was so pumped, till I got to a small patch I've had access to for 25yrs....that's when the landowner approached me and said they were not allowing hunting this year! Not happy, but it is what it is. Anyway, happy to be able to bow hunt again. Based on what I was told/read I was very surprised I healed up this quickly. Thanks again for all the generous offers and well wishes!


Well, Im headed out in an hour to go hunt my spot in Souther AACO.  No set stands but if can use a climber or want to Make a ground blind you're more than welcome to come join me.  PM me if interested.
halltrail

Registered:
Posts: 418
Reply with quote  #37 
That is great news that you are healing fast.   Sorry about the property though...that is crazy after 20+ years.    Offer still stands if you need someone to hunt with and help drag/dress whatever.  


03primos

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 3,885
Reply with quote  #38 
Good luck
__________________
2015 Mathews No Cam HTR
Axion GLZ Gridlock sight
Mathews Pro HD rest
Axion GLZ Gridlock Stabilizer
Mathews T Quiver
Easton FMJ arrows
Rage Hypodermic Broadheads
Lone Wolf Hand Climber

http://www.tuckahoevideos.com
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.