Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
BOWDEADLY

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 29,526
Reply with quote  #51 
NEW GENERATION
Little Johnny doesn't seam to care

Y2aaK4eLSB.jpg 




__________________
[biggrin] I only kill little deer [biggrin]

 BD2  

Tolentine

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 1,666
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimber66
I guess I just don’t see putting a deer I killed on a trailer without covering it up as a sign of disrespect to the animal or acting in an undignified way. Staying Within the bounds of the game laws is how I feel I act in a dignified way and utilize the game of this state respectfully. I struggle with this current state of people constantly looking to be offended by something that they disagree with. It’s tiresome.
You must have misunderstood my statement. I said nothing about covering up your deer in a trailer. As a matter of fact I don't believe I have ever covered up a deer to avoid people from seeing it. I was talking about not acting like a jackass and having your deer look like it is being lynched in an open air trailer or any other type of stupid azz position. Show some respect for the animal and yourself was my point..
I am the furthest thing from being politically correct. Believe me.  
Show yourself as a positive example for hunters was also my point. No one is asking anyone to be politically correct. 



























 

__________________

RMEF Life Member 
LINK

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 2,819
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWDEADLY
NEW GENERATION
Little Johnny doesn't seam to care

Y2aaK4eLSB.jpg 


Good one!
We put one on top of my bosses mini van once.
Took everything we had.
My bosses son shot it.
Bowtech37

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 168
Reply with quote  #54 
Somebody sent me this one

Attached Images
png IMG_1537.PNG (501.61 KB, 33 views)

Braves299

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,387
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech37
Somebody sent me this one


Yeah, here’s the video. I don’t care whether people cover up a deer or not, but this is f’ng ridiculous. Disrespectful and stupid as sh!t.

https://www.facebook.com/catlin.auberlin/posts/1932884530063035

__________________
Carl Lee Combs July 8, 1944 - February 20, 2002 "Gone for now, never forgotten"
BOWDEADLY

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 29,526
Reply with quote  #56 
So why is that disrespectful ? Just curious.
Not even stupid in a way, funny, Doesn't fit in the trunk or the back seat. Just saying.
I was told once because I lifted a deer by the neck to put it in the truck I was disrespectful to the deer.
Some think just the killing of a deer is disrespectful.

__________________
[biggrin] I only kill little deer [biggrin]

 BD2  

Braves299

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,387
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWDEADLY
So why is that disrespectful ? Just curious.
Not even stupid in a way, funny, Doesn't fit in the trunk or the back seat. Just saying.
I was told once because I lifted a deer by the neck to put it in the truck I was disrespectful to the deer.
Some think just the killing of a deer is disrespectful.


Because by doing that, the person is actually TRYING to get a reaction. It took more effort to mount their hitch receiver, hang that deer, and secure it with bungee cords in the middle than to just lay it across the hood or trunk. Those jackasses think they’re funny, is what it is. It’s disrespectful to go out of your way to display an animal like that.

I had no issue with the first picture in this thread, but you will not convince me that hanging up a deer like that and doing 70MPH down a highway is okay...

__________________
Carl Lee Combs July 8, 1944 - February 20, 2002 "Gone for now, never forgotten"
BOWDEADLY

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 29,526
Reply with quote  #58 
No difference than a guy owning a truck and leaves the tail gait down or closes the tailgate and props up the head, look what I got. They might not own a truck, and that is their only way, the guy might be handicapped and if that's the case GOOD FOR HIM at least he isn't home sitting on the couch doing nothing. Maybe they only had a few miles to get to the butcher. That would be an easy way for me to do with that set up, it's even battery powered. Lifting and trying to get it in the trunk or on the roof would be impossible for me and many others. You never know but I think it was way to much trouble to do what they did just to be funny and if
that's the case they need a little asswhooping.
Every one has their opinion of what DISRESPECTFUL is when it comes to deer hunting.

You say the first picture was OK, well it's just as bad. The deer hanging from the 4 wheeler is stupid, un hook it and lay it down so it's not so eye catching going down the road, it wouldn't be that hard to correct to make it OK.
Another LOOK WHAT I GOT guy. None of these ways are the greatest.

__________________
[biggrin] I only kill little deer [biggrin]

 BD2  

Bowtech37

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 168
Reply with quote  #59 
Some things are ok Some not This is just stupid And not ok I think stuff like this just stirs the pot even more for a sport that could become a pastime It just fuels the fire and gives the antis legs to stand on So many people try to crush us and talk down on us We just don't need to down ourselves There's being proud of what you accomplished Face it Times have changed I grew up with tons of deer hanging for all to see Just can't do it anymore
Gasset

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 2,287
Reply with quote  #60 
I think this is a really interesting discussion. Most of the reason it's interesting is because we're all over the shop and will never agree. That diversity of opinion is cool, IMHO.

I am WAY at one end of the spectrum, since when I get serious and strip away the desire to make MWC inmates laugh, hunting is almost a sacramental or holy act for me. There's a story of indigenous hunters racing to the downed deer to inhale the animal's last exhalation, and while I sure don't take it to that extreme, I'm much closer to that philosophy than the "look what I've got" folks. OTOH, I'm not one to judge.

I try to perform field dressing like surgery. I try not to toss the carcass around when moving it or let the head drop on the ground. I try not to have it on display in the car; I believe the hunt is between me and the quarry, not strangers. I try to treat the animal with as much reverence, respect, and care as I can, since I believe it has given its life so mine can continue. In my mind, that's a pretty serious debt to owe.

Your mileage may vary. Plenty of other folks think it's just a deer, and that's cool too...

__________________
Now in western North Carolina, where the deer are even smaller!
Bowtech37

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 168
Reply with quote  #61 
Well said gasset
BOWDEADLY

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 29,526
Reply with quote  #62 
Gasset the MAN-OF WORDS
I will never let the head of any of my deer hit the ground while gutting.
I will carry a pillow for this procedure from now on.
thHT9ETGBC.jpg 


__________________
[biggrin] I only kill little deer [biggrin]

 BD2  

Gasset

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 2,287
Reply with quote  #63 
HERE are some options, Earl! [biggrin]
__________________
Now in western North Carolina, where the deer are even smaller!
BOWDEADLY

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 29,526
Reply with quote  #64 
I like this one, protects his shoulder and may keep him upright while on his back.
When not in use it will help my back in the blind.

Image result for camo pillow

__________________
[biggrin] I only kill little deer [biggrin]

 BD2  

LINK

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 2,819
Reply with quote  #65 
How many put grass in the mouth for last meal like the do in Africa or other parts of the world?
I would say not many round here.
My deal is Im usially in a hurry to thr butcher so the meat dosent spoil.
Other countries dont seem concerned.
They leave the meat out all day.
Doe=feet up.
Bucks =head up.
In the ned of my truck!
Gasset

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 2,287
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWDEADLY
I like this one, protects his shoulder and may keep him upright while on his back.
When not in use it will help my back in the blind.


That's a win/win, baby! [thumb][rofl]

__________________
Now in western North Carolina, where the deer are even smaller!
BobbieVelvet

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGO MODERATOR small
Registered:
Posts: 1,896
Reply with quote  #67 
I hate having to tip toe around with hunting. It sucks, but Im friends with many people who dont hunt and dont like hunting. I dont even post pics of deer anymore on facebook because of it. 

Times have changed.

__________________
****MMWCGA***
BOWDEADLY

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 29,526
Reply with quote  #68 
It can make you or break you.
None of you got this but this is Bobby Velvet when a little Punk.

Y2aaK4eLSB.jpg  


__________________
[biggrin] I only kill little deer [biggrin]

 BD2  

wmi

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGOsmall30
Registered:
Posts: 3,400
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasset
I think this is a really interesting discussion. Most of the reason it's interesting is because we're all over the shop and will never agree. That diversity of opinion is cool, IMHO.

I am WAY at one end of the spectrum, since when I get serious and strip away the desire to make MWC inmates laugh, hunting is almost a sacramental or holy act for me. There's a story of indigenous hunters racing to the downed deer to inhale the animal's last exhalation, and while I sure don't take it to that extreme, I'm much closer to that philosophy than the "look what I've got" folks. OTOH, I'm not one to judge.

I try to perform field dressing like surgery. I try not to toss the carcass around when moving it or let the head drop on the ground. I try not to have it on display in the car; I believe the hunt is between me and the quarry, not strangers. I try to treat the animal with as much reverence, respect, and care as I can, since I believe it has given its life so mine can continue. In my mind, that's a pretty serious debt to owe.

Your mileage may vary. Plenty of other folks think it's just a deer, and that's cool too...


PERFECT

__________________
CVA / BERGARA Pro Staff
NRA Life Member
BobbieVelvet

Avatar / Picture

TRIBE LOGO MODERATOR small
Registered:
Posts: 1,896
Reply with quote  #70 
good post jeff.
__________________
****MMWCGA***
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.